HOUSE OF HOPE: 12-months Recovery Program
Please read this page before enrolling into the Program.
The Men’s Program is located in Kent, WA. It is located on the wooded 7 acres featuring a log house, along with the supporting buildings. It was originally purchased by the Salvation Slavic Baptist Church and completely remodeled by volunteers. The Church graciously lent the property to the HOUSE OF HOPE.
The program consists of devotions, bible studies, group meetings, individual counseling sessions, church services, and work therapy assignments. Work therapy may be on site or out in the community helping others.
It is our goal that beneficiaries will personally experience God’s love and understand that their life’s problems can be solved by allowing Him to work in their hearts and minds.
What To Bring With You
- A Bible, notebook, pen
- Several changes of clothing, including appropriate dress for church
(Because of limited space, we ask that you limit your clothing to no more than 1 large suitcase.)
- Work clothes and boots
- Prescription medication (it must not contain any codeine or narcotic substances).
- Personal hygiene items – 1 month of supply.
- Valid government-issued photo ID to prove your identity (this document will be kept in the administration’s vault/strongbox).
- A medical report from a doctor showing that PATIENT is free of HIV; Hepatitis A, B, or C; tuberculosis; or, contagious skin and communicable airborne diseases.
- Enrollment fee of $300
- A desire to change to turn your life around
What NOT to Bring
- Cell phones or other personal electronic devices
- Weapons of any kind
- Inappropriate clothing
- Jewelry for face or body piercings
- You will be asked to remove them
- Tobacco products
- Drugs and/or alcohol
- Prescription medications, anti-depressants, etc
(If you need to taper off of medication, do so before your arrival, because we are not a medical facility.)
Screening Requirements to come into the program
- Must be at least 18 years old
- No Tobacco Use of Any Kind
- No Sex Offenses on Record
- No Violent Offenses Against Children
- No Prescription Medication due to chronic illness and/or including pain medication, psychiatric medication, antidepressants, etc
- Cannot have any medical, dental, legal, etc obligation for the first 30 days
- Must be committed to stay 12 months